Max is a physicist with a diverse scientific and technological background, encompassing optics, nanotechnology, and planetary science. With over a decade of experience in academia, Max has had the privilege of contributing research to esteemed publications such as Science and Nature. Max’s work in thermal infrared technology has inspired him to co-found constellr, where he currently serves as CEO, combining his passion for entrepreneurship and science to tackle some of the most pressing challenges of our time. His TEDxFreiburg 2023 talk will be in English language.
Water scarcity is a bigger risk for humankind than carbon. We need to stand together to address it and we need to do so this decade.Max Gulde on our theme “Together for Tomorrow”
My favorite TED/TEDx talk
- UNDESA 2017 (United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division (2017). World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision)
- FAO 2017, (FAO Global Perspective Studies)
- FAO, 2020 (Water Scarcity | UN-Water (unwater.org))
- UN-Water, 2021 Water Scarcity | UN-Water (unwater.org))
- FAO Saving our soils by all earthly ways possible | FAO Stories | Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- FAOSTAT (accessed Oct 30, 2018) for 1961-2016 data on land, FAO 2012 for 2030 and 2050 data on land, and UNDEDA 2017: World Population Prospects for world population data
- Nelson et. al, (2014); FAO 2016 “Climate change and food security”
- Water Use and Stress – Our World in Data (accessed 2023-06-27)
- D’Odorico, Paolo, et al. “The global value of water in agriculture.” Proceedings of the national academy of sciences 117.36 (2020): 21985-21993.
- FAO, I. WATER RESOURCE ISSUES AND AGRICULTURE (fao.org) (accessed 2023-06-27)
- UNEP, Half the World to Face Severe Water Stress by 2030 unless Water Use is “Decoupled” from Economic Growth, Says International Resource Panel (unep.org) (accessed 2023-06-27)